University of Szeged, Faculty of Arts, Institute for English and American Studies,
Center for Translator and Interpreter Training and Hungarian Studies
Welcome to the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center!
Introduce yourself to the language, history and culture of Hungary!
The Szeged Hungarian Studies Center offers courses in Hungarian and English on Hungarian history, literature, film, cultural history, art history, cultural geography, folklore and music as well as five levels of Hungarian language courses.
Enroll in a high-quality program at the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center and spend a few weeks in the summer, a semester, or a whole school year in a lovely college town enjoying the inspiring international community.
Why study at the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center?
- Classes are small; students receive personal attention from professors.
- Individual attention is given by Hungarian Studies staff and mentor students.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- It is an affordable way to explore a new culture and study a unique language.
- The city of Szeged is only a 2-hour train ride from Budapest and from the airport if you want to travel to other European cities.
- We offer a student orientation program the week before your semester starts.