University of Szeged, Faculty of Arts, Institute for English and American Studies,
Center for Translator and Interpreter Training and Hungarian Studies
Welcome to the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center!
Introduce yourself to the language, history and culture of Hungary!
The Szeged Hungarian Studies Center offers courses in Hungarian and English on Hungarian history, literature, film, cultural history, art history, cultural geography, folklore and music as well as five levels of Hungarian language courses.
Enroll in a high-quality program at the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center and spend a few weeks in the summer, a semester, or a whole school year in a lovely college town enjoying the inspiring international community.
Why study at the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center?
- Classes are small; students receive personal attention from professors.
- Individual attention is given by Hungarian Studies staff and mentor students.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- It is an affordable way to explore a new culture and study a unique language.
- The city of Szeged is only a 2-hour train ride from Budapest and from the airport if you want to travel to other European cities.
- We offer a student orientation program the week before your semester starts.
My semester in Szeged was nothing short of amazing. The faculty are extremely knowledgable and helpful. I learned so much and in a comfortable and engaging atmosphere where my curiosities were fueled. All of the other students were very, very friendly and welcoming.
The Szeged Hungarian Studies Center offers five levels of Hungarian language instruction in a wide variety of formats. During the Fall and the Spring semesters all language classes are taught 2, 3 or 4 times a week for 90 minutes.
If you would like to start an exciting new chapter in your life, come to the Szeged Hungarian Studies Center and choose one of our programs. We offer undergraduate and graduate programs, study abroad semesters, an intensive Hungarian preparatory year and a summer university as well.